Physicians at Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists - treat patients varying from infants to seniors. Our physicians are experts in diagnosing and treating problems with bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, including everything from strains, sprains and fractures to tendonitis, arthritis, and musculoskeletal pain. We recommend non-surgical treatments such-as rest or physical therapy whenever possible, but if surgery is needed, our physicians have exceptional qualifications and advanced training in state-of-the-art surgical techniques in orthopedics and sports medicine. For many orthopedic diseases and injuries, there is more than one form of treatment. Our physicians will discuss the options with you to determine which course of action is truly best for you.
We specialize in
- Total Joint Replacement - hips, knees, shoulders, and toes
- Sports Medicine - orthopedic and podiatric
- Carpal Tunnel and other Hand Injuries
- Arthritis and reconstruction of the deformity that results
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery - carpal tunnel relapse
- Computer-assisted Surgery
- Shoulders, Elbows, and Wrists
- Hips, Knees, Feet, and Ankles
- Non-surgical Spines
- General Orthopedics
- Bunion, Claw and Hammertoe Repair, Flat Foot Surgery, Nail Ablation and Fractures
Work Related Injuries/Workman's Compensation
At Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists, our physicians have the knowledge and experience to address the special needs of those with work-related injuries. We are committed to-
- Same day or next day appointments
- Prompt evaluation and treatment
- Timely work status reports
- Effective communication with the worker, employer, adjuster, and case manager.
For minor musculoskeletal emergencies, same day appointments are available; however, you are encouraged to call us as early as possible. For more severe emergencies or when our office is closed, our physicians will be glad to meet you in the Cullman Regional Medical Center' emergency room. Just ask for the Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists or OSMS physician on call.
We work closely with all of the physical and occupational therapists in Cullman to ensure that patients receive treatment that enhances their range of motion and returns function to all affected body parts. We will be happy to schedule you an appointment with one that is convenient for you and meets your individual needs.
We use various providers and locations for your specific needs and convenience.